Chile island real estate

Home Forums Forum Assets and Investments Chile island real estate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian Dellinger

I just finished watching an episode of “Island Hunters” on HGTV; an interesting show sometimes. On this episode a man and his business partner were looking to open up a luxe island resort down in Patagonia. Here are links to the two options they didn’t choose:

Isla Verdugo, 5,400 acres, stated on the show to have a $4 million asking price but now shown as a $2.2 million asking price.

Isla San Pedro, 16,000 acres, I believe had an asking price of $12 million U.S. To give perspective, I believe they said Isla San Pedro was the closest island to Puerto Montt. Look it up on a map to get a sense of how far down south that is.

On a separate tangent, it’s amazing to watch these shows where people get on national television announcing they have a purchase budget in the millions. I can’t fathom why folks would want to broadcast their assets like that, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

ML
    Participant

“On a separate tangent, it’s amazing to watch these shows where people get on national television announcing they have a purchase budget in the millions. I can’t fathom why folks would want to broadcast their assets like that, but it’s interesting nonetheless.”

I’ve watched the show and wondered the same thing…

wldeaton
    Keymaster

Isla San Pedro is still for sale. I’ve traveled to Puerto Montt since writing this post a year ago. Highs of low 60s in the late spring, beginning of summer. It’d be pretty tough in the winter, I’d imagine. But still, pretty green.

Brian Dellinger
    Keymaster

I’d have no interest in having my purchases broadcast on network tv.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.