Use of miles–specifically American Airline Advantage Miles

Home Forums Forum Playground Use of miles–specifically American Airline Advantage Miles

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ML.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Dellinger
    Keymaster

Has anyone had fairly recent experience converting their AA miles for use with other airlines on trips?

I build up miles pretty quickly, but American has made it almost punitive to use your miles for a business or first class seat. I’ve heard you can use them pretty efficiently at other airlines, but don’t have any experience.

Brian Dellinger
    Keymaster

Note, that I’ve been working on this still. I’ve actually had better luck booking business class seats through a ticket broker.

ML
    Participant

I haven’t tried it with American Airlines miles, but it was a pretty seamless process with United to go to other star alliance members.

This is a list of one world member airlines:

https://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview

The problem I have always had with American is that so much of their domestic network is serviced by American Eagle/Envoy which is consistently rated the worst airline in the country. As long as you are on mainline American things go fairly smoothly…but if you have to connect to Eagle or originate a trip on them, look out.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by ML.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.